As an international manufacturer and contractor of high security products for the correctional environment, Southern Folger joined the UN Global Compact in 2011 as a natural extension of our corporate vision statement to conduct business with integrity. We strongly support the 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact and the Southern Folger management team will focus on key aspects of the principles every year. To report our progress toward these principles, Southern Folger will publish an annual Communication on Progress.
The UN Global Compact is the world's largest corporate citizenship and sustainability initiative. Since its official launch on July 26, 2000, the initiative has grown to more than 10,000 participants, including over 7,000 businesses in 135 countries around the world.
The 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: Eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: Effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.